The Azores | Food & Wine Experience
Taste exclusive wines produced in the middle of the atlantic!
This offer includes:
- Roundtrip flights to Pico Island, Azores
- Accommodation at a 4-star hotel with breakfast
- Airport transfers
- 3 Incredible wine experiences & tours
Why we love this deal:
- Experience the unique culture, traditions, history and flavors of the Azores Islands through these 3 unique tours and tastings:
- Pico Wine Day Tour Around the Island
- Pico-nic Experience & Adventure
- Wine & Food Jeep Tour
- Wander around Criação Velha, a well-preserved wine growing area, and marvel at its intact vineyard landscape and culture while tasting the local wines and admiring the construction of typical black basalt rock houses
- Learn about Pico's rich history and traditions by visiting the Wine Museum and the Whaler's Museum and discover Pico's long wine-making tradition dating back to the 15th century and its past whale-hunting customs
- Return to the beauty of nature unobstructed by city centers and light pollution. Gaze at the starry Azorean sky, relax sipping the exquisite local wine and tasting the delicious cuisine, and enjoy the great views around you
- While you're at Pico Island you may visit Faial Island too, since there is an hourly connection by boat that takes you there in approximately half an hour
About the Destination
The beautiful island of Pico, protected with World Heritage status, is not only home to Portugal's highest mountain, Pico Mountain, but is home also to a unique growing wine area giving the island a truly unique landscape. The island's rocky surface, stone-walled vineyards and imposing mountain are truly a remarkable sight.
Pico has a long wine producing tradition and history going back to the 15th century. Despite volcanic eruptions and lava landslides, the local vintners have adapted to- and thrived- in the basalt landscape. The stone-walled vineyards, currais, have protected the 2,439 acres of vineyard from fierce Atlantic winds and salty ocean water for hundreds of years. The currais give an astounding effect to the island's landscape with the magnificent Pico Mountain in the backdrop, and can be visited today in the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Criação Velha.
The wines, which are made from a grape unique to the island- Arinto dos Açores, are quite flavorful and definitely worth the taste. They are so exquisite that back in the 17th century they were already being exported to the Russian Czars and to Europe. Recently the island has seen an explosion of new vineyard openings with the Azores Wine Company at the forefront. Taste the exquisite local wines, visit Pico's Museo do Vinho, and if you are feeling adventurous, climb Portugal's highest mountain.
With this amazing travel package we invite you to have a truly unique winning experience. See what makes this unique wine culture one worth tasting-until the very last drop- with an immersive Azores Getaways package dedicated to the wines of Pico.
- The flights included are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
- Included baggage allowance varies by carrier. Please check what's included during the flight selection portion of your booking.
- Infants: If you're traveling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us within 24 hours of booking your trip. (Cost per infant is $150.)
- Check-in time for most hotels is at 2:00pm; Check-out is typically at 12:00pm. Please verify the check-in/check-out times for your selected accommodation at time of booking.
- Airport transfers are not included in this offer; We recommend booking a rental car to get around
- Transfers and/or rent-a-cars can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee
Please note that this promotional offer is nonrefundable.
Nonrefundable special price packages:
Once the payment is made, the reservation cannot be cancelled. No refund in case of cancellation or no-show. Any and all changes made to the reservation after the airplane tickets have been issued are subject to a penalty fee to be communicated at the time the alterations are requested.
All prices include airfare, fuel surcharges, airport taxes and fees. All prices are per person, based on double/twin occupancy. Single travelers must pay an extra fee.
Air & land tour prices apply from the gateway airport or city specified in the Package Highlights. Prices will vary from alternative gateway airports or cities and may be higher.
The total price will be clearly displayed prior to any deposit being required. Should the hotel mentioned in the deal not be available for the dates in question, the company will make the reservation for another hotel of the same category and let you know immediately of the change.Show more