Azores Stopover | Porto
Porto and the Azores
This offer includes:
- Round trip flights to Porto and São Miguel Island, Azores
- Accommodation at 3- or 4-star hotels in both locations
- Breakfast included, depending on the hotels selected
- All taxes & fees
Why we love this deal:
- Explore São Miguel Island's breathtaking views, enjoy the delicious regional cuisine and mingle with the friendly locals! Go whale watching, discover the island by hiking its gorgeous trails, and relax on a black sandy beach
- Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements, visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple, and enjoying a relaxing soak in a natural hot spring
- Take a walk down to the Ribeira district, a UNESCO World Heritage site and experience the historical side of Porto with all of its famous history dating back hundreds of years
- Explore the cellars of well-known port lodges and taste this exquisite drink, and go on a boat cruise on the Douro River and marvel at its stunning landscape.
About the Destination
This unique flight and hotel deal takes you to two amazing and distinct Portuguese destinations: the city of Porto and São Miguel Island, in the Azores.
The New York Times says: "From its stunning Beaux-Arts station to its cool bars serving Porto's signature drink, this charming city combines the best of old and new." Porto is indeed a city of endless charms that combine a rich history, old buildings covered in colorful azulejos (hand-painted tiles), modern architecture, a picturesque river front, and a high-spirited atmosphere that celebrates the joy of life.
Built along the hillsides overlooking the mouth of the Douro river, Porto is a registered UNESCO World Heritage Site, home to the porto wine, produced exclusively on the Douro Valley. With an outstanding urban landscape and a 2,000-year history, what a great place to wander around its alley-woven medieval city centre. Visit the extravagant baroque churches and stroll along Ribeira with its picturesque houses and lively atmosphere.
On the same trip you will visit the breathtaking island of São Miguel, the largest of the Azores. A green jewel in the middle of the Atlantic offering stunning lush landscapes, exotic flora, dormant volcanos, and hot springs, São Miguel is the perfect vacation destination after a trip to an urban centre.
Visit the only tea plantation in Europe and taste delicious locally grown pineapple. Discover the historical city of Ponta Delgada with its cobbled streets and black and white mosaic pavements. Enjoy the numerous activities the island has to offer from hiking and canyoning to whale-watching and surfing. Admire the island's vivid volcanic activity and relax in a natural hot spring.
Take advantage of this great vacation package and visit two wonderful places!Show more
- The flights included are subject to live availability and prices can change. You can choose your preferred departure times during the booking process. Please select your flight options carefully as departure and arrival airports may differ.
- Included baggage allowance varies by carrier. Please check what's included during the flight selection portion of your booking.
- Infants: If you're traveling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us within 24 hours of booking your trip. (Cost per infant is $150.)
- Check-in time for most hotels is at 2:00pm; Check-out is typically at 12:00pm. Please verify the check-in/check-out times for your selected accommodation at time of booking.
- Airport transfers are not included in this offer; We recommend booking a rental car to get around
- Transfers and/or rent-a-cars can be added at the next stage of the booking process for an additional fee
Please note that this promotional offer is nonrefundable.Show more