The Azores | Pico & Terceira
Discover these two UNESCO World Heritage Sites
An unspoiled gem in the heart of the Atlantic Ocean, with two UNESCO World Heritage Sites among the nine archipelagic islands, the Azores offer an abundance of off-the map-adventures. From dormant volcanoes and caldera hiking to geothermal hot spring hopping. From the best surfing in the Atlantic to whale watching experiences and swimming with dolphins. With this travel package we have selected two islands, Pico and Terceira, proud hosts of UNESCO's World Heritage sites for your vacation pleasure.
On Terceira island, explore the World Heritage city of Angra do Heroismo, the Azores' oldest city. Visit the city's 16th century fortress and descend the Alvar do Carvão where visitors can explore a volcanic chimney and secondary magma chamber and see the two structures side by side.
Pico island, dominated by the formidable Pico Mountain (Portugal's highest mountain) is a mass of unique beauty and protected with World Heritage status. Visit Criação Velha, a unique wine growing area where currais (stone-walled vineyards) paint the landscape. Do visit the Museo do Vinho and the Whaling Museum and learn about Pico's long wine-making tradition and its transition from whale-hunting. Descend into Gruta das Torres, one of the world's longest lava tubes.
With this fantastic travel package embrace the Azores through the majesty of UNESCO's World Heritage sites located on the islands of Terceira and Pico. Experience firsthand what makes these destinations deserving of this distinction.
- Roundtrip flights from Boston to the Azores
- Inter-island connections
- 3 nights of accommodation at Pico
- 3 nights of accommodation at Terceira
- Breakfasts on some of the hotels (please check the detailed information of each hotel).
Day 1 - Arrival at Pico island.
Day 2 and 3 - Free time for personal activities.
Day 4 - Flight from Pico island to Terceira island.
Day 5 and 6 - Free time for personal activities.
Day 7 - Return flight to Boston.Show more
The base package includes:
- Roundtrip flights from Boston to Pico Island and Terceira Island
- Checked baggage (1 piece, 20kg, per passenger)
- Carry on baggage (1 piece, 6kg, per passenger)
- Accommodation at a 4 * hotel in Pico Island;
- Accommodation at a 4 * hotel in Terceira Island
- 6 breakfasts (on selected hotels - please check information of each hotel before booking);
- All Taxes.
Infants: If you're travelling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us until 24 hours after booking the trip for the adults and children. Each infant will pay $150.Show more