The Azores | Santa Maria & São Miguel
Discover the unspoiled beauty of São Miguel and Santa Maria
Together, São Miguel and Santa Maria make up the Eastern group of the Azores archipelago, offering visitors fun-filled adventures between the two islands.
São Miguel is the largest and most populated island of the Azores and it offers a myriad of attractions and exciting things to do. Embrace the warmth of the hot springs abounding in Furnas, the awe-inspiring nature of the island's massive volcanic craters, and the strikingly vibrant floral and fauna. Explore the historical city centre of Ponta Delgada and the island's many charming villages. Marvel at the hyndrangeas that paint the whole island in hues of purple, white and pink. Go whale-watching and hike around the beautiful lakes. São Miguel is a fantastic vacation destination and you will wish to stay longer.
Close to São Miguel is the small island of Santa Maria. Take a break from the excitement of São Miguel and enjoy a slower pace of life on its neighboring island. Santa Maria is a small but beautiful island with warm weather, picturesque villages and unusually white sandy beaches. Take a swim in the Azores' warmest waters. Enjoy the beach at Praia Formosa and relax at São Lourenço Bay, a bay of turquoise waters surrounded by terraced vineyards. Go scuba-diving, hiking or just explore the hidden corners of the island.
Both São Miguel and Santa Maria represent the captivating possibilities the Azores has to offer its travelers.
- Roundtrip flights from Boston to the Azores. Operated by Azores Airlines
- Inter-island connections
- 2 nights of accommodation at Santa Maria
- 4 nights of accommodation at São Miguel
- Breakfasts on some of the hotels (please check the detailed information of each hotel).
➜ Top tip:
Pack your bags and let Azores Getaways take care of the rest.
The base package includes:
- Roundtrip flights from Boston to Santa Maria Island and São Miguel Island
- Checked baggage (1 piece, 20kg, per passenger)
- Carry on baggage (1 piece, 6kg, per passenger)
- Accommodation at a 4-star hotel in Santa Maria Island;
- Accommodation at a 4-star hotel in São Miguel Island
- 6 breakfasts (in select hotels - please check information of each hotel before booking);
- All taxes.
Infants: If you're traveling with an infant under 2 years old, please contact us within 24 hours of booking your trip. (Cost per infant is $150.)Show more